Lucinda Shipman (Austin), 1822
- Lucinda (Shipman) Austin (Lucinda Shipman (Austin), 1822)
- (pedigree according to: Haze & Maria, 1913)
Alternative pedigree (biological):
- Danial Shipman or William Austin
- Lucinda Shipman (Austin)
- Olive Lee
- (As I understand it, Olive Lee was the biological mother, and Lucinda was given for adoption by Olive to William Austin and Agnes Nicol. William personally claimed to be Lucinda's "father". A brother (?) of Danial Shipman visited William and Agnes, talking with Lucinda, convinced Lucinda that Danial was her father, thus Lucinda called herself "Shipman" thereafter, but continued living with the Austin family.
- I don't believe Olive Lee was ever married to Daniel Shipman. I understand she married John Cornell (19 Feb 1824, Leeds, Ontario, Canada). I understand that John's failure to accept Lucinda in his family resulted in Olive's decision to give Lucinda to Agnes & William. I don't know whether she was ever "legally" adopted by William & Agnes.)
Name: Lucinda Shipman (Austin). The pedigree in Aunt Hazel's book (Haze & Maria, 1913) shows "Lucinda (Shipman) Austin". The more common form in FamilySearch is "Lucinda Shipman (Austin)". The later form makes more sense to me because she called herself "Lucinda Shipman", and considered this her legal name (as was filed in divorce papers). I put the "(Austin)" in parenthesis because it was not her legal name, but it is the family she was adopted into and the parents she sealed herself to.
Death: 24 Jul 1906, Lewisville, Jefferson, Idaho
Burial: 28 Jul 1906, Lewisville, Jefferson, Idaho
Married: Thomas William Callahan, 1837
- Alma Austin Callahan, 14 Nov 1840, Hammond, St. Lawrence, New York
- Andrew Nicholas Callahan, 14 Jul 1842, Nauvoo, Hancock, IL
- Amasa Lyman Callahan, 30 Jan 1845, Nauvoo, Hancock, IL
- Agnes Ann Callahan, 3 Dec 1846, Winter Quarters, Douglas, Nebraska
- (sources: FamilySearch)
Married: Jonathan Campbell, 1812, Dec 1850, Salt Lake City
Lucinda Phebe Campbell 15 Mar 1850 Salt Lake City, Salt Lake, Utah Amelia Campbell 15 Jun 1852 North Ogden, Weber, Utah Brigham Campbell 15 Jun 1852 North Ogden, Weber, Utah Johathan Campbell 14 Nov 1853 North Ogden, Weber, Utah Alvira Campbell 15 Sep 1856 North Ogden, Weber, Utah Rhoda Campbell 1 Sep 1858 North Ogden, Weber, Utah Heleman Campbell 15 Feb 1860 North Ogden, Weber, Utah William Campbell 27 Dec 1863 North Ogden, Weber, Utah
- (sources: FamilySearch)
- photos and obituary (File:Lucinda Austin Campbell.pdf)
- Shows Lucinda's parents as: Daniel Shipman & Olive Lee (http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~dodgemacarthur/dodg06.htm#10458)
- Many conflicting claims in notes: (http://home.comcast.net/~lkillpack/pafn07.htm#64). One thing is for certain, everyone involved is sealed to everyone else involved, so at least from an LDS standpoint, we're covered. Now, which lines are mine?